Crockpot Chicken Adobo
This is Kathy's recipe. Looked so good I had to keep it to try!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, excess fat removed
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 395mins
Rub the olive oil around the inside of your slow cooker then throw in your shallots, garlic, brown sugar, pepper, cayenne and bay leaves. Then pour in your chicken stock, soy sauce, and apple cider vinegar. Stir everything together with a spoon to make sure everything is distributed evenly. Add in your chicken thighs and use the spoon to spoon some of the sauce on top so it's coated. Or you can just push the thighs down into the liquid. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside. When your chicken is done, remove it from the crockpot insert and place it on the prepared baking sheet. With oven mitts, lift out the insert and strain the sauce into a pot (using a large mesh strainer to catch the bits of garlic and shallots, etc.) and let the sauce cook down for about 20 minutes. It should start to thicken up. If it's not thickening up as quickly as you'd like, you can add in a bit of cornstarch and water mixture and it'll thicken right up!
Using a brush, brush the sauce on the chicken, coating it well, then put the chicken in the oven and broil it on high for about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from oven and serve with white rice or whatever else you prefer. There will be extra sauce left so you can coat your chicken & rice in more sauce. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Pork Ragu 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Homemade Golden Chicken Patties 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Ranch Chicken Strips 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Served... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- One Pan Cajun Chicken Dinner 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Sticky Garlic Chicken and Broccoli 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken with Herbed Rice 3.9/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe