Pork and Noodle Soup with Shiitake and Snow Cabbage
Try this delicious Park and Noodle Soup recipe. Add some Shiitake and Snow Cabbage to add some flavor.
- 1 1/2 ounces medium-size dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup cold water
- 6 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 2 1-inch-diameter 1/8-inch-thick slices peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pound fresh Shanghai noodles
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 12 ounces pork butt, trimmed, cut into 2-inch-long matchstick-size strips
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (Chinese rice wine) or dry Sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 6 1/2-ounce can preserved snow cabbage*, well drained
- 1 cup drained canned bamboo shoot strips (most of one 8-ounce can)
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Place shiitake mushrooms in medium bowl. Add 1 cup cold water; let soak until soft, about 1 hour. Drain, reserving soaking liquid. Squeeze mushrooms dry. Cut off stems; discard. Thinly slice caps.
Combine broth, ginger, and reserved mushroom liquid in large saucepan; bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low.
Boil noodles in salted water until tender but still firm to bite, about 3 minutes. Drain; divide among 6 bowls.
Heat 14-inch-diameter flat-bottomed wok or heavy 12-inch-diameter skillet over high heat until drop of water evaporates on contact. Add 2 tablespoons oil, then pork, spreading evenly. Cook without stirring 20 seconds; then stir-fry pork until no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Stir in rice wine and soy sauce. Transfer to plate.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to same wok (do not clean) over high heat. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1 minute. Add snow cabbage, bamboo shoot strips, and sugar; stir-fry 30 seconds. Stir in pork and any accumulated juices. Stir-fry 1 minute. Top noodles with pork mixture. Divide hot broth among bowls.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Creamy Mushroom... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Apple-cinnamon Shortcake 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Gil's Green Beans 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Bacon, Tomato, and Cheddar Loaf 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Baguette, Smoked Oyster & Pancetta... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Double Corn - Cornbread Stuffing 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken or Turkey chili 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)