Chicken or Turkey chili
You be the chef and add either chicken or turkey to this delicious soup. It is a rich blend of spices to tempt your taste buds. Want more great recipes follow @chefmarymoran on Twitter.
- 2 Cups Shredded chicken or Turkey light & Dark Meat
- 1 can of Dark Beer (Guinness)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion small dice
- 1 Red pepper cut into strips
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili Powder
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
In a medium sauce pot saute the onions and garlic in olive oil until they're golden brown.
Add red pepper strips to the pot and continue to sauté.
Next add the tomato paste and sauté for 5-10 minutes until the color has darkened.
Next add the shredded chicken or turkey to the pot and stir into the vegetables and tomato paste.
Add all the spices, but cayenne to the poultry, onions, garlic and red pepper.
Deglaze with the dark beer, add the beans and chicken stock.
Let chili simmer with a lid on medium low for an hour. Season with salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Honey-Mustard Chicken Recipe 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi without Wine 3.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken & Rice Soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Santa Fe Chicken & Rice 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Roast Turkey - Canadian Living's... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Turkey Enchiladas Fantasticas 5/5 (1 Votes)