Lemon-Glazed Persimmon Bars
Sweet ripe persimmons and dates coated with a tart lemon-sugar glaze makes an amazing treat!
- Unsalted butter, for greasing pan
- 1 3/4 cup flour, plus more for pan
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pureed persimmon pulp
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dates, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from saveur.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10 x 15 x 1-inch jelly roll pan; set aside.
Whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves in a bowl; set aside.
Whisk together persimmon pulp, 1½ teaspoons lemon juice, and baking soda in another bowl; set aside.
Whisk together sugar, dates, oil, and egg in a large bowl; add dry ingredients and persimmon mixture, and stir until just combined. Pour into prepared pan, and smooth top with a rubber spatula; bake until lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, make a glaze by whisking together remaining lemon juice and confectioners' sugar in a bowl until smooth. Let cookie sheet cool for 5 minutes and then pour glaze over warm cookie sheet, spreading it evenly over the top with a rubber spatula. Let cool to harden glaze, and then cut into finger-sized bars.
You'll also love
- Mashed Acorn Squash with Apples 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Cherry Pie Cookies 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Lemony White Bean Bruschetta 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcake with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Sara Lee Butter Coffee Cake 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Raspberry Bars with Fresh... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Cookie Bars 4.4/5 (25 Votes)