Raspberry Bars with Fresh Raspberries
Put your fresh raspberries to good use with these scrumptious cookie - bars! Serve with a cold glass of milk and watch them disappear.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in eggs and extract. Press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining sugar; add berries and gently toss. Spoon over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
Bake at 375°F for 35 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Incredible Raspberry Cheesecake... 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Raspberry Almond Shortbread... 4.5/5 (74 Votes)
- Fresh Coconut Pie 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Classic Taco Salad 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Pastiera Napoletana (Neapolitan... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Lightened Up - Crustless Cottage... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- No-Bake Caramel Turtle Cheesecake 4.1/5 (61 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Dump Cake 4.4/5 (23 Votes)