Best Lemon Bars
Super easy to make! These best ever Lemon bars are made with a shortbread crust with a thick layer of scrumptious, creamy, lemon curd and topped off with a sprinkling of powdered sugar. Make these fancier by pressing blueberries or raspberries in the curd before sprinkling with sugar. Either way they're delicious!
- 10 tablespoons cold organic butter salted
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- LEMON CURD:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 large egg yolks, organic pasture raised
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter cut into 5 pieces
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from ciaoflorentina.com
Line a shallow 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
Preheat your oven to 325°F. While your oven is heating up, make the lemon curd.
Prepare a double boiler with 2 inches of water in the bottom pan. Bring to a gentle simmer.
Add the egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice to the top pan. Whisk together over the steam until combined well. Keep whisking for a few minutes until the curd has thickened and coats the back of a spoon. About 10 to 15 minutes or so. Turn off the flame and whisk in the butter until melted. Transfer the curd to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until cooled completely
In the bowl of a food processor add the flour, butter, lemon zest and sugars. Pulse together until a dough forms.
Use a spatula and transfer the dough to the prepared baking dish. Press it on top and to fill in the corners.
Bake the shortbread in the preheated oven until golden, about 35 to 40 minutes or so.
Take the shortbread out of the oven and top with the lemon curd. Transfer to the refrigerator until chilled.
Use a sharp knife to cut the lemon bars into 2x2-inch squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar on top.
You'll also love
- Raspberry Jam Bomboloni 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE BEET CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Corn Spoon Bread 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- COCONUT KEY LIME CHEESECAKE BARS 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Milk Chocolate Mini Cookies 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Salted... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Lemon Apricot Lush Dessert 4.5/5 (14 Votes)