Barefoot Contessa's Lemon Bars
Deliciously sweet lemon bars with a shortbread crust and a rich lemon filling. Don't forget to dust the bars with powdered sugar while they're still hot!
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 extra-large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (4 to 6 lemons)
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
For the crust, cream the butter and sugar until light in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
Combine the flour and salt and with the mixer on low, add to the butter until just mixed.
Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough with floured hands and press it into a 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking sheet, building up a 1/2-inch edge on all sides. Chill.
Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack. Leave the oven on.
For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour over the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature.
Cut into triangles and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
You'll also love
- Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce 4.2/5 (131 Votes)
- Oreo Cookies and Cream No-Bake... 4.3/5 (115 Votes)
- Beef Stew 4.4/5 (111 Votes)
- Tennessee Honey Corn Pudding 4.2/5 (122 Votes)
- Soup - Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato,... 4.4/5 (103 Votes)
- Sturdy Whipped Cream Frosting 4.5/5 (99 Votes)
- Frozen French Lemonade 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Best Ever Cowboy Cookies 4.1/5 (128 Votes)