This is a special dessert when pears are in season. You'll love the touch of cinnamon in this tart. Served chilled or slightly warm with ice cream.
- 1/2 Cup Butter ( 1 stick ) softened, unsalted butter, plus more for greasing pan
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon, divided
- 1 lb Pears ( Concorde, Barlett or d'Anjou) cored and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup plus 2 TBSP Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Butter a 9 inch springform pan. Put Pears in a medium bowl and squeeze lemon juice over pears; set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
With an electric mixer, cream 1/2 Cup Butter and 1 Cup Sugar on medium until
light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla.
Beat in flour mixture on low until batter just comes together. Spread in pan. Wrap and chill for at least 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375`F. Arrange pears in tight concentric circles on top dough. Squeeze remaining lemon juice evenly over pears.
In a bowl, mix 2 TBSP Sugar with Cinnamon. Sprinkle over pears.
Bake for 40 to 55 minutes or until edges are golden and center is set.
Cool tart in pan for 10 minutes. Run a sharp knife around edges. Remove sides of pan.
You'll also love
- Poached Pear Tart with lemony... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Pork: Cranberry Pork Tenderloin 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Manchego and serrano crostini... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Spezi (European orange cola) 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini Bundt Cake with Orange... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Summer Squash Stuffing Casserole 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Impossible Pie 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cheddar Pear Pie 4.6/5 (7 Votes)