Brown Rice with Sauteed Spinach, Lemon and Garlic
Quick and easy way to eat healthier with this tasty brown rice side dish. The rice is mixed with a blend of spinach, lemon and garlic -- a perfect side to roasted chicken or baked salmon.
- 1 cup quick-cooking brown or white rice
- 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from crisco.com
Cook rice according to package directions.
Heat oil in large skillet. Add cooked rice, spinach, walnuts, lemon peel, garlic, rosemary and salt. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Serve warm.
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 0g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
You'll also love
- White Beans with Spinach & Sausage 3.6/5 (118 Votes)
- Pineapple Orange Sunshine Cake 4.1/5 (40 Votes)
- Kneaders Pumpkin Chocolate Chip... 4.1/5 (45 Votes)
- Lemon Ricotta Parmesan Pasta with... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Philadelphia Garlic & Herb Dip 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Bok Choy and Garlic... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)