Cream of Potato Soup - Vitamix
Dietary Interest: vegetarian, low cholesterol, low fat, no added sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 small russet potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 carrot, halved
- 1 rib celery, halved
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut in pieces
- 1 1/2-2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1/3 cup vegetable cooking water, see recipe
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from vitamix.com
1. Cook potatoes in microwave for 8 minutes.
2. Place onion, carrot, celery and cauliflower in a 2-quart saucepan and cover with water.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until tender.
4. Set aside 1 heaping cup of cooked vegetables.
5. Place remaining vegetables, bouillon, potatoes, and milk into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
6. Select Variable 1.
7. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
8. Blend for 3 minutes using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Reduce speed to Variable 2 and remove the lid plug.
9. Add reserved vegetables and water through the lid plug opening.
10. Blend an additional 5 seconds. Serve immediately.