Raspberry Lemon-Glazed Muffins
- For the muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, completely zested
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- lemon zest
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from thefoodcharlatan.com
1.Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan; set aside.
2.Rinse the raspberries and let them sit out to dry.
3.In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4.In a large bowl or stand mixer, stir together the egg and 1 cup of sugar until it forms a paste. Add half of the lemon zest, or at least a teaspoon. Add the melted butter and stir to combine. Add the sour cream in 2 additions, stirring until just combined.
5.Use a wooden spoon to stir in the flour mixture. Stop when it is not quite combined all the way.
6.Sprinkle about a tablespoon of flour over the raspberries, toss to coat, and immediately fold them into the batter. Be gentle, those little guys are fragile. Mix until the raspberries are incorporated, but don’t overdo it.
7.Spoon the batter into the greased muffin pan. You want about 3 tablespoons of batter per muffin.
8.Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until lightly golden, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let set for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
9.While the muffins are setting up and cooking, make the glaze. In a small saucepan combine the ¼ cup sugar with the ¼ cup fresh lemon juice. Turn the heat to medium and stir to combine. Let it simmer until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture has become syrupy, about 5-10 minutes.
10.In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar with the remaining lemon zest, or at least a teaspoon.
11.Brush the top of each muffin liberally with the lemon glaze. Dip the tops of the glazed muffins into the sugar-zest mixture. These are best served warm.
You'll also love
- Rustic Beer Bread With Cheddar... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Easy Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Bake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Glazed Lemon Pound Cake 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Mixed Berry Bellinis 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Strawberry Cucumber Salsa with... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lemon... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Trifle 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
Review this recipe