Low Carb Spinach Ricotta Casserole
Going low carb and still craving Italian? This is a perfect blend of pinch and ricotta, adapted from George Stella’s Still Livin’ Low Carb Cookbook.
- Cooking oil spray
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 ⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 ⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 large eggs, beaten until frothy
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 1 1⁄2 quart casserole dish with cooking oil and layer the bottom evenly with the drained spinach.
In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until combined. Pour mixture into the spinach lined dish.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until slightly browned around the edges and center is firm to touch. Serve warm, garnished with fresh basil and diced tomatoes, if desired.
Try adding 1⁄4 cup diced bell peppers to the casserole before baking for extra color and flavor!