Melon Mojito Salsa
It’s summertime in a bowl when you combine 3 types of juicy melons with tangy lime and fresh mint! This refreshing, delicious salsa requires a bit of chopping, but it’s worth it. The perfect accompaniment to anything grilled!
- 1 1/2 cups each diced watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew melon
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onions
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint leaves or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Since watermelon is so, well, watery…spread out the diced pieces on a couple sheets of paper towels to dry them slightly before mixing with the other ingredients. Dislike cantaloupe? No problem! Use diced mango. To save time, look for a tray of pre-cut melon chunks in the produce section of your grocery store. The three melons in this recipe are often packaged together. Then you’ll simply need to dice them into smaller pieces. Want it spicy? Add one very small, finely minced jalapeño pepper OR a squirt of Sriracha hot sauce.