Traditional Pork Humba cooked with a soy based sauce flavored with star anise. Serve with a side of rice and your favorite vegetables.
- 1 pound pork (pork belly, pork hocks, and pork ham cut into adobo size)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 pieces star anise
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon msg or vetsin
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Marinate pork in soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, msg or vetsin, ground pepper salt in a bowl.
Heat a large pan on the stove then add the marinated pork stir until it brown (cook under medium heat).
Add the star anise and brown sugar.
Add water then cover the pan and let boil on medium for 25 minutes (add water as needed) or until pork totally absorbed the sauce and produce its natural oil.
Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
You'll also love
- Quick & Easy Teriyaki Sauce 4.4/5 (102 Votes)
- Louisiana Hot Crab Dip 4.1/5 (130 Votes)
- Cajun Cafe`s Bourbon Chicken (From... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Pernil Pork 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- White Beans & Ham - Crock Pot... 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Outback steak marinade 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Lumpia Shanghai 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- No Bake Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Bacon Potato Chowder 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Oreo Turkeys 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Humba - Filipino Braised Pork with... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Redneck Caviar 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Tofu Sambal 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Hibachi Style Noodles 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Brown Garlic Stir-Fry Sauce 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Asian... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- General Tso's Shrimp 4/5 (35 Votes)
- Ultra Rich Caramelized Filipino... 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken Hearts 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Pressure-Cooker Chop Suey 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- The Melting Pot Plum Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Flame Broiler Chicken Teriyaki 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin With Whiskey Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)