Traditional Pork Humba cooked with a soy based sauce flavored with star anise. Serve with a side of rice and your favorite vegetables.
- 1 pound pork (pork belly, pork hocks, and pork ham cut into adobo size)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 pieces star anise
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon msg or vetsin
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Marinate pork in soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, msg or vetsin, ground pepper salt in a bowl.
Heat a large pan on the stove then add the marinated pork stir until it brown (cook under medium heat).
Add the star anise and brown sugar.
Add water then cover the pan and let boil on medium for 25 minutes (add water as needed) or until pork totally absorbed the sauce and produce its natural oil.
Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
You'll also love
- Quick & Easy Teriyaki Sauce 4.4/5 (102 Votes)
- Louisiana Hot Crab Dip 4.1/5 (166 Votes)
- Cajun Cafe's Bourbon Chicken (From... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Outback steak marinade 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Lumpia Shanghai 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Amish Strawberry Shortcake 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Low Calorie Crunchy Cauliflower 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Potato and Ground Beef Gratin 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese... 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Humba - Filipino Braised Pork with... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Redneck Caviar 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Tofu Sambal 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Hawaiian Pineapple Pork Chops 4/5 (31 Votes)
- Brown Garlic Stir-Fry Sauce 4/5 (35 Votes)
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Asian... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Honey Bourbon Steak Tips 4/5 (19 Votes)
- General Tso's Shrimp 3.9/5 (73 Votes)
- Ultra Rich Caramelized Filipino... 4/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Hearts 3.7/5 (14 Votes)
- sweet and spicy asparagus 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Eggplant with Garlic & Vinegar -... 3.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Crown Royal BBQ Sauce 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Tiny Spicy Chicken 3/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Marinade like Longhorn 4/5 (6 Votes)