Potsie's Creamed Chicken and Biscuits Casserole
This Potsie's Creamed Chicken and Biscuits Casserole is a wonderful and simple to prepare comfort food using things you probably already have around. Kids love it- but so do adults. At least, in this home. Try it. It is one of my quick and easy favorites. This is my first submitted recipe... be kind.
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 pounds cooked chicken breasts, chopped or 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento or 1/2 cup sauteed red bell peppers or 1/2 cup jarred roasted red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Refrigerated biscuit
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from food.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Grease the bottom and sides of an 11x7 inch baking dish or 10 inch quiche dish.
Chop the onion.
Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet and saute until tender.
Combine cooked onion, soup, chicken, milk, pimiento, and mayo in a bowl and then turn into the prepared baking dish.
Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over the baked mixture.
Arrange biscuits decoratively in a single layer and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over them.
Return casserole to oven and bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, usually about 20 minutes longer.
NOTE: 02/16/09: This is RICH! You may sub sour cream for all or part of the mayo if you wish to cut back on the heaviness. The last time I made this I used a 1/4 cup of fat free mayo and 1/4 cup of sour cream. I think it was delicious! Also -- I took the suggestion of adding a cup of cooked green peas. What a terrific idea! I LOVED it! I think I might add two cups next time. Thanks to you all for making my humble recipe and leaving your suggestions. You GREATLY improved a recipe I was already proud of. Thanks so much.
You'll also love
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli over... 4.3/5 (67 Votes)
- Mexican Cornbread Casserole 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken 4.3/5 (69 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Copycat Recipe... 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Crispy Parmesan & Onion Crusted... 4.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Cajun Cafe's Bourbon Chicken (From... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- K's Chicken Divan 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken Pot Pie 4.5/5 (41 Votes)