Outback Steakhouse Copycat Recipe - Alice Springs Chicken
Served with sweet potatoes and roasted cauliflower & broccoli. Soooo yummy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- seasoning salt
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1/2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded Colby/Jack cheese
- Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Mix the mayo, yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, honey, onion flakes and lemon juice together in a bowl. Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight. Serve with chicken.
Adapted from sixsistersstuff.com
Sprinkle and rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, mayo and dried onion flakes.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet and saute for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned.
Move chicken to an 11x7 inch or 9x9 inch pan.
Apply the honey mustard to each breast, then layer with mushrooms, bacon, and shredded cheese.
Bake in a 350° oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is done.