Pumpkin Chia Seed Chocolate Chip Cookies
These pumpkin cookies are gluten free when made as the recipe specifies. Chocolate chips are optional, these can simply be delicious pumpkin cookies.
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/4 cup whole chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or any sugar of choice)
- 10 drops of stevia (or could do 2 more tablespoons sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (we use Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (we used canned pumpkin)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from purelytwins.com
Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and shift together.
Next mix sugar, coconut oil, stevia, chocolate chips and pumpkin puree in another bowl. Stir until combined.
Grab your bowl of dry ingredients and pour into your wet ingredients, and stir.
The batter will be thick and a little sticky. Scoop cookies with ice cream scooper or a spoon onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. You can leave the cookies as rounds or pressed down to your desired thickness of cookie.
Place in a pre-heated oven of 350 degrees and bake for 18-20 minutes.
To replace the amaranth and arrowroot flours you can just use 3/4 cup of any gf flour blend/flour of your choice.
To replace chia seeds can use flax seeds though will change the flavor of cookie. or you could just use more flour instead of chia seeds.
To replace coconut oil you can use any oil or fat of choice
To replace the stevia we suggest adding in 2 more tablespoons of sugar
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Pie with... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Great Pumpkin Dessert 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Caramel Candy Popcorn 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Caramel, Chocolate & Candy Apples 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cornbread 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple Pie Oatmeal Cookies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Chewy Drop Cookies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)