Sweet Potato Pie with Walnut-Streusel Topping
We took a classic sweet potato pie recipe and added a sweet, crumbly, streusel topping. It's truly decadent when served with the maple glaze.
David's Tip: Save yourself some time and make this pie a day or two before your holiday gathering and refrigerate. Quickly make the glaze before serving.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 9" frozen deep-dish pie crust
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Maple Glaze:
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
Adapted from qvc.co
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Place the sweet potatoes in a medium-size saucepan. Cover the potatoes with water and boil until tender, 10–15 minutes.
Place sweet potatoes, brown sugar, maple syrup, evaporated milk, spices, and vanilla in a food processor. Cover and process until smooth. Add the egg and process until incorporated.
Pour the filling into the pie crust and place the pie on a cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
While the pie is baking, make the streusel topping. Combine the brown sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, and walnuts in a small bowl. Remove the pie from the oven after 20 minutes and add the crumbled topping. Bake the pie for another 20 minutes.
Let the pie cool completely. Just before serving, make the glaze. Melt the butter in a small saucepan and then stir in the brown sugar until dissolved. Stir in the maple syrup. Serve the sauce warm, drizzled over slices of the pie.
You'll also love
- Caramel Candy Popcorn 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Macaroni Salad - 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Skinny Green Bean Casserole 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Cocoa Banana Overnight Oats 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Simple Sunny Broccoli Salad 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Ham and Potato Beer Cheese Soup 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Apple Bacon Stuffed Sweet Potatoes 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Mushroom and Sweet Potato Stew... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
Review this recipe