Gluten Free Sesame Chicken with Honey (Paleo Option)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce (coconut aminos for paleo)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup (tomato sauce for paleo)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1.5 lb skinless chicken breast halves, cut in half length ways
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (arrowroot for paleo)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Adapted from noshtastic.com
Toast sesame seeds in a dry pan over medium heat. It will take about three minutes or so and you will need to stir them all the time so they don't burn and get toasted evenly, toss them out onto a plate once they are done.
Mix honey, soy sauce, ketchup, sesame oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
If you haven't already done so, cut your chicken breasts in half length ways, so that you get a thin fillet.
Place cornstarch or arrowroot in a shallow bowl and season with a little salt and pepper.
Dredge each chicken piece in the starch and shake off excess, then put the chicken in one layer on a plate.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat and then add the chicken pieces. Do not crown the pan and just do a few at a time. it will take about four minutes per side, eight minutes total.
Stir in honey soy mixture to the pan with the chicken and stir well, cook for a minute or so and then turn the chicken pieces so they get coated in the sauce and cook for a further minute. Check that your chicken is cooked through then remove from the heat.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve hot.
You'll also love
- Pan Braised Chicken Thighs in... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Dark Roasted... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Paleo Spinach & Artichoke Dip 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sauteed Chicken in Sweet Honey... 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Thai Pineapple Peanut Chicken Satay 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Sweet, Sticky, and Spicy Chicken 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Honey Lime Cilantro Chicken 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- The Ultimate Green Bean Casserole... 4.4/5 (24 Votes)