Christmas Magic Cookie Bars
The magic of these Christmas cookie bars is that they are so easy to make! No mixing needed - the ingredients are simply layered in the pan for baking.
- 1 (1/2 cup) stick butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup holiday or regular chocolate chips (divided into 1/2 cup portions)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (I prefer walnuts)
- 1 cup holiday or regular M&M's (divided into 1/2 cup portions)
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from inkatrinaskitchen.com
Unwrap butter and place in 13 x 9 inch pan.
Place pan, with butter, in the oven and turn the oven on to 350°F. Butter will melt while oven is preheating. Check frequently and pull out of the oven when butter is melted. Please be careful - the pan will be very hot.
Crush graham crackers in a food processor to create graham cracker crumbs (or buy crumbs).
Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the melted butter. Press in lightly with fork or back of spoon.
Pour sweetened condensed milk over the crumb layer.
Sprinkle 1/2 of the chocolate chips, 1/2 of the M&M's and the chopped nuts over the sweetened condensed milk layer.
Sprinkle coconut on top, followed by remaining chocolate chips & M&M's.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
Allow bars to cool completely. Slice, give and enjoy!