Yellow Squash with Sausage and Pasta
- 6-7 yellow squash – peeled and sliced
- 7 – 8 Italian sausage links
- 3-4 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1 red onion – sliced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley – chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh basil – chopped
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 lb. of your favorite pasta
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese or Romano
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Fresh basil garnish
- Canola oil for sautéing
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.com
Heat a large frying pan and add the sausage links. Cook until golden on the outside and cooked through; set aside.
Heat a large frying pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the squash, onions and garlic and sauté until the garlic is fragrant and the onions soften; add the seasonings.
Add the basil and parsley and toss. Add the crushed tomatoes and water and simmer for at least 35 – 40 minutes. Cut the sausage and add to the sauce while it is simmering. Taste the sauce to adjust the seasonings.
Prepare the pasta as directed.
Plate the pasta and drizzle with olive oil, chopped fresh basil, a dash of red pepper flakes and oregano. Top with the sauce and fresh grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Yellow Squash Casserole 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Apple Sweet Potato Hash 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Black Bean & Pineapple Quinoa Salad 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Ground Beef Tacos 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini 3.8/5 (50 Votes)
- Spicy Rice & Corn Casserole 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Oven Roasted Corn 4/5 (52 Votes)
- Broccoli Pesto Pasta 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
Review this recipe