Broccoli Pesto Pasta
- This recipe calls for chicken, but I made it w/o chicken.
- 12 ounces Whole Wheat rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1.In a large pot with boiling salted water cook rigatoni pasta until al dente. Drain.
2.Meanwhile, blanch broccoli florets in a medium size saucepan, remove with slotted spoon. In same pan saute the minced garlic and pesto sauce in the olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and set aside.
3.In a large bowl toss cooked pasta with blanched broccoli, cooked chicken, and garlic/tomato mixture. Add grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and ground black pepper and mix well. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Dairy and Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Pecan Coconut Praline Cookies (no... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Honey Dijon Brussel Sprouts Over... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole 3.9/5 (40 Votes)
- Loaded Broccoli Potato Cheddar Soup 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Beef and Macaroni - Instant Pot 3.9/5 (25 Votes)
- Arugula Pesto Pasta with Ricotta... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Two-Tomato Arrabbiata Pesto Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)