Spicy Rice & Corn Casserole
Spicy rice and corn casserole is the Cajun and Creole-flavored side dish that your whole family will rave about. Serve this on the side of any meaty main dish; this dish will especially pair well with blackened catfish or chicken, fried catfish, stewed sausage, or smothered pork chops.
- 1 (8-ounce) box of Zatarain's New Orleans-Style yellow rice
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, divided, 1/2 stick
- 1 (11-ounce) can of Mexican corn, undrained
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can of Campbell's Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 tablespoons of chopped jalapenos
- Kosher salt, only if needed, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 pinch of Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 1 overflowing cup of shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Prepared the rice according to the package directions. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Butter or spray a 1.5-quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Combine the cooked rice, the remaining butter, corn, cream of celery soup, jalapenos, salt, black pepper, and Creole/Cajun seasoning; stir in 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese, reserving the remaining 1/4 cup. Transfer mixture to the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and bake, uncovered, at 350°F for about 20 minutes.
You can also add 2 cups of chopped or shredded chicken or 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp, lightly sauteed in butter first, to make this a main dish meal. Okay to use other cream soups or a combination of them and your favorite cheese.
Read more: http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2009/03/spicy-rice-corn-casserole.html#ixzz35aXPC7ox
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
Follow us: @DeepSouthDish on Twitter | SouthernRecipes on Facebook
You'll also love
- Crunchy Veggie Wrap 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Sweet & Savory Spinach Salad 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Key Lime Cheesecake Milk... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Eggs In Tomato Sauce with... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Oven Roasted Corn 4/5 (52 Votes)
- Freezer Meal for the Slow... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Skillet Green Bean Casserole 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- BBQ Coleslaw 4/5 (7 Votes)