Hot Spinach Dip
Spinach dip is a favorite for all manner of parties and get togethers, especially during the holidays. Try this recipe for your party, it's delicious!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds spinach, cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 ounces reduced-fat bar cream cheese
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 3/4 cups mozzarella, shredded
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Baguette slices, breadsticks, or crackers, for serving
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 425°F. In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat oil over medium. Add onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
Add spinach in two additions, letting the first batch wilt before adding the next; cook until completely wilted, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander; drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
In the same pot, warm milk over high heat. Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes. Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and 1/4 cup mozzarella; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a lightly oiled 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot with accompaniments, as desired.
The recipe can be assembled through step two up to three days ahead, then covered and refrigerated; it can also be served as a side dish. Two 10-ounce packages of frozen spinach can be substituted for the fresh. Thaw according to box instructions, drain well, and chop.
You'll also love
- Refrigerator Cookies 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Quesitos With... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Egg Nog 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- A Beautiful and Sunny Spinach Pie 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Mini Corn Dogs (Unfried, to boot!) 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Sausage & Spinach Lasagna Rolls 4.5/5 (19 Votes)