A Beautiful and Sunny Spinach Pie
- For the dough:
- 500 gr of flour
- 90 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 200 ml of warm dry white wine
- 2 tsp of salt
- For the stuffing:
- 350 gr of boiled spinach
- 350 gr of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 100 gr of grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana cheese
Adapted from foodista.com
Mix all the ingredients for the dough and work the dough until it becomes uniform (using a mixer or not).
Cover it with plastic wrap while preparing the stuffing.
Boil the spinach and squeeze it to eliminate the water.
Cut it with a sharp knife to facilitate.
Mix it with the ricotta cheese.
Add the egg.
Add the grated cheese, salt and pepper.
Amalgamate all ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 180°C/356°F.
Divide the dough in two.
Create 2 circles of 30cm/11.8in each using a rolling pin.
Place the 1st dough circle on baking paper.
Spread some breadcrumbs on it.
Place part of the stuffing in the center of the circle and the remaining creating another circle around.
Cover it with the 2nd circle of dough.
Wet the borders and attach one to another using a fork.
Place a small bowl over the central stuffing and punch with a fork all around.
Using a sharp knife cut the borders in 3cm/1.2in slices.
Turn them upside 90°.
Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven at 180°C/356°F.
You'll also love
- Philadelphia Double-Lemon... 3.9/5 (137 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin-Honey Balsamic 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Banana Split Brownie Pizza 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Sweet and Hot Onion Rings 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Creamy Potato Soup with Sour... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- P.F. Changs Lettuce Wraps 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon Spinach Cheese Ball 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Sunflower Spinach Pie 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
Review this recipe