Vanilla Cream Cheese Quesitos With Orange Glaze
- For Orange Glaze:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 puff pastry sheet (recommend Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets)
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 8 tablespoons freshly-squeezed orange juice
Adapted from hispanickitchen.com
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Cut pastry sheet into 3” x 2” rectangles.
4. Place about 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture in the middle of the cut pastry.
5. Grab an edge and pull it in tightly to the center. Fold up the tips on the opposite ends toward the center. Continue to roll the dough until you create a little cocoon. Pinch the rolled edges shut.
6. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
7. Brush with egg whites and roll in sugar. The sugar is to taste, but ideally a quesito has a nice sugary crust that crunches when one takes a bite.
8. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
For Orange Glaze:
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, orange zest, and orange juice; bring just to a boil so the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
9. Remove quesitos from oven and brush with a moderate amount of Orange Glaze (see below) over each one.
10. Allow 10 minutes to cool before eating.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Brandy Cream Sauce 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Strawberry & White Chocolate Cream... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Banana Cheesecake Pie Recipe 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Philadelphia Double-Lemon... 3.9/5 (137 Votes)
- Deconstructed Lemon Pie 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Dreamsicle Orange Punch 4.1/5 (57 Votes)
Review this recipe