Welcome holiday guests with a cup of rich homemade egg nog laced with both brandy and rum and garnished with whipped cream and nutmeg.
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Garnishes: whipped cream, grated fresh nutmeg
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Stir together egg and sugar in a large saucepan; gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 18 to 20 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats a metal spoon. Remove from heat; stir in brandy, rum, and vanilla. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into chilled egg mixture. Garnish, if desired.
You'll also love
- Traditional Chili 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Super Simple Blender Hollandaise 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Mario Batali's Green Chile Pork... 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Fried Mac & Cheese Balls 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Watermelon Mojito 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Irish Pancake Shot 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Coquito - Puerto Rican Coconut... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)