Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
This batter seemed very dry when I was making it so I put the reserved pineapple juice in until it was the right consistency. I also added a little bit (Sorry, I didn’t measure it) into the butter & brown sugar mixture. It came out great!! So good that someone couldn’t wait until after I took the picture to take a piece. LOL
- 1/4 c Butter or Margarine, melted
- 2/3 c Brown Sugar
- 1 14oz can Pineapple Slices in juice, drained, reserve juice
- 1/4 c Light Rum, Optional
- Maraschino cherries without stems
- 1 1/3 c All Purpose or Cake Flour
- 1 c Sugar
- 1/3 c Shortening
- 1 1/2 t Baking Powder
- 1/2 t Salt
- 3/4 c Milk
- 1 Egg
- Heat oven to 350°F. Pour melted butter into a 9×13 pan. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over melted butter. Add a little pineapple juice and the rum and lightly stir. Arrange pineapple slices over brown sugar. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice.
- In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients, scraping bowl constantly. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place heatproof serving plate upside down over pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake a few minutes so brown sugar mixture can drizzle over cake; remove pan.
- Serve warm. Store cake loosely covered.
You'll also love
- Vanilla Cream Cheese Quesitos With... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Mushroom Brandy Cream Sauce 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Strawberry & White Chocolate Cream... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Tipsy Pineapple Upside Down Cake 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake 2 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Bisquick Pineapple Upside-Down Cake 3.8/5 (26 Votes)