Parmesan Chicken Ziti with Artichokes and Spinach
Try this one pot wonder for dinner when you are cut for time.
- 4 cups water
- 2 (12 ounce)cans evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound uncooked ziti pasta
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 2 medium lemons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper, if desired
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In Dutch oven, heat water, 1 can of the evaporated milk, the salt, garlic and pasta to simmering over med heat. Simmer 12 to 14 mins, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender.
In med bowl, beat remaining can of evaporated milk and the cornstarch; stir in chicken and artichoke hearts. Add to mixture in Dutch oven; return to simmering, and continue to simmer 1 to 3 mins or until thickened and mixture coats back of spoon.
Remove from heat; stir in half of the cheese and the lemon juice. Stir until cheese melts, then add remaining cheese (reserving 1/4 cup for serving, if desired) and butter; stir again.
Add spinach, and stir until wilted. Serve with reserved cheese and pepper.
You'll also love
- French Country Potatoes 4.5/5 (77 Votes)
- Scallops with Angel-Hair Pasta 4.5/5 (81 Votes)
- CROCK POT BROWN SUGAR GARLIC... 4.5/5 (79 Votes)
- Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (79 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese 4.4/5 (83 Votes)
- Amish Macaroni Salad 4.3/5 (88 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Toast 4.5/5 (75 Votes)