Herb Rubbed Sirloin Tip Pork Roast
Try this Insanely flavored and juicy pork roast. This a great meal for family dinners and makes delicious leftovers.
- 1.5 - 2 lb sirloin tip pork roast
- 1 1/4 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 145mins
Adapted from barefeetinthekitchen.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F
Combine all the spices in a small bowl. Add the olive oil and whisk or stir well to combine. Allow this mixture to rest for 15 minutes. It will become a bit thicker and turn into a paste-like consistency.
Line a small baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack over it. Rinse the roast and pat dry. Rub the spice mixture all over the roast, completely covering all sides with spices.
Roast 1 - 1.5 hours in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven when the meat reaches an internal temperature of 145°. Let the roast rest 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Two side notes: I cooked the pork roast for 1.5 hours because I cooked it cold from the refrigerator. If I had thought of it earlier, I would have allowed the roast to rest at room temperature prior to prepping the meat. This would have shortened the cooking time. Also, I removed the roast when it was closer to 142°. While resting on the counter, it increased almost 10°. So, be careful not to overcook and dry it out. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Spicy Singapore-Style Chicken... 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Berry Cobbler - crock pot style 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Popcorn Balls 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Roasted Corned Beef 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Oven Fried Chicken Legs & Thighs 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- FRIED CABBAGE WITH SAUSAGE 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken & Veggies Stir Fry 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Grilled Beef Satay 4.5/5 (20 Votes)