Tomato, Mozzarella & Pesto Panini
This simple and fresh sandwich combines mouthwatering beefsteak tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil pesto. Classic flavor combinations!
- 2 large ripe beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella
- 12 slices bakery white bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup prepared pesto
- Kosher salt
- Unsalted butter, at room temperature
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Preheat a panini grill machine.
Core the tomatoes and slice the tomatoes and mozzarella 1/4-inch thick.
Place the bread slices on a work surface. Spread each slice evenly with pesto. Place a layer of mozzarella (about 2 slices) on half of the bread and cover with a layer of tomato. (If the tomatoes are large, it will only be one slice.) Sprinkle the tomato with salt. Place the remaining slices of bread, pesto side down, on top.
Spread the top and bottom of each sandwich with softened butter. Grill the sandwiches in batches on the panini grill for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mozzarella starts to ooze. Cut each sandwich in half. Serve warm.
You'll also love
- Bacon and Egg Salad Sandwiches 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Veal Chops Umbrian-Style 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Lemon Cheesecake Bars 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- 2 Ingredient Strawberry Cake 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Spinach and Mushroom Smothered... 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Tomato Mozzarella Toast 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Lobster Bisque 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- The Very Best Homemade Beef Jerky 4.5/5 (27 Votes)