Chicken Bake with Cheese Pierogies and Bacon
Chicken Parmesan Bake
- 4 slice bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 8-oz shredded Italian cheese blend
- 5-oz shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 8-oz pre-cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cup frozen peas
- 16-oz box frozen cheese pierogies
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon and remove and place on a paper towel to drain. Leave bacon drippings in the pan.
3. Meanwhile evenly lay pierogies in a baking dish.
4. Add butter and flour. Whisk to combine. Cook for about 3 minutes to cook out the flour-y taste. Add chicken broth, half & half, garlic, onion, Italian seasoning, cayenne, and pepper. Whisk until combined. Add Italian cheese and about half of Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Add frozen peas and chicken. Stir to combine. Bring to a bubble, about 3 minutes.
5. Pour chicken and cheese mixture over pierogies. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over top.
6. Bake for 15 minutes until top is bubbly and golden brown.
7. Remove from oven sprinkle with bacon and parsley. Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Herb Rubbed Sirloin Tip Pork Roast 4.2/5 (36 Votes)
- Spicy Singapore-Style Chicken... 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip with... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Oven Fried Chicken Legs & Thighs 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken & Veggies Stir Fry 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- CHEESEBURGER TEX-MEX BACON 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Chicken Sausage, Mushroom and... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Bacon, Mac and Cheese Sandwich 4.4/5 (26 Votes)