Garlic Chicken Kiev Spaghetti
A crunchy chicken recipe flavored with garlic, herbs and lots of delicious butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 package whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- Olive oil for sauteing and drizzling
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Freshly ground red chili pepper flakes
Adapted from grandmotherskitchen.org
1.Using a meat pounder, pound the chicken breasts flat.
2.In a large bowl, mix together lemon rind, juice, garlic, butter, parsley and salt and pepper.
3.Divide mixture evenly between the chicken breasts and carefully roll up the mixture in the flattened chicken and place seal down on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
4.Freeze for 15 minutes or until butter inside has hardened.
5.Coat the chicken in the flour, dip in the beaten egg and coat in the breadcrumbs.
6.Transfer back to freezer for 20 minutes.
7.Preheat oven to 375F.
8.Bake the chicken for 30-40 minutes or until the outside is golden and crisp.
9.In the meanwhile, bring large pot of a water to a boil and add pasta.
10.Once pasta is tender, drain water and set aside.
11.Heat a large frying pan to medium -high and add olive oil and diced garlic until garlic is golden.
12.Toss in cooked pasta and toss with garlic and oil.
13.Add oregano and toss, adding a bit more olive oil so the pasta is coated.
14.To serve, remove chicken from oven, place on top of spaghetti, and garnish with salt, ground pepper, and red chilli flakes.
You'll also love
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Wings 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Mexican Buffalo Chicken Dip 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Southern Style Slow Cooker BBQ... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Fresh Peach Pound Cake 4.2/5 (46 Votes)
- BBQ Chicken Pizzas- Weight... 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Macaroni and Cheese in Pressure... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Baked Ranch Chicken 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)