Olive Gardens Chicken or Shrimp Carbonara
Olive Garden's newest entree, Chicken & Shrimp Carbonara, was inspired during the chefs' recent trip to the Italian region of Rome. The menu item and recipe combines chicken and shrimp with bucatini pasta in a pancetta and parmesan cream sauce.
- MARINATED CHICKEN OR SHRIMP:
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 pounds chicken strips or large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoon bacon bits
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup bacon base
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 boxes (14 ounce each) of any long pasta (spaghetti, linguine, etc.) cooked using instructions on package
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons romano cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Marinated chicken strips (or shrimp) from step 1
- 1 1/2 cups roasted red peppers, cut into small strips
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
MARINATED CHICKEN OR SHRIMP:
Whisk extra virgin olive oil together with hot water, seasoning and chopped garlic. Add the chicken strips (or shrimp). Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and bacon bits. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add flour, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, milk bacon base, pepper and salt. Use a wire whisk to whip all ingredients together. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer.
Combine Romano, Parmesan, mozzarella, panko, chopped garlic, melted butter and chopped parsley in a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
CHICKEN OR SHRIMP:
Preheat large skillet. Add chicken (or shrimp) to pan. Add red peppers and bacon bits. Cook for 3 more minutes or until cooked on both sides and internal temperatures reach 165ºF for chicken and 155ºF for shrimp. Add sauce (from above) Stir until well blended.
Place hot, precooked pasta on a larger serving platter. Top with chicken (or shrimp) and sauce. Evenly distribute topping over top of chicken (or shrimp). Place in broiler until top is golden brown.
Serve immediately and enjoy.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (220 Votes)
- Cheesecake Crescent Rolls 4.1/5 (265 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Meatloaf 4.3/5 (236 Votes)
- Crispy Cheddar Chicken 4.3/5 (230 Votes)
- Michael Symon's Grilled Skirt Steak 4.2/5 (237 Votes)
- El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade 3.7/5 (301 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts Stuffed with... 4.4/5 (215 Votes)
- Applebee's Wonton Chicken Tacos 3.8/5 (725 Votes)