Chicken, Spinach & Cannellini Bean Quesadillas
Packed full of flavor and goodness, these Chicken Spinach and Cannellini Bean Quesadillas have a creamy and slightly spicy vegetable filling with chicken and cannellini beans.
- 1 1/2 -2 cups seasoned, cooked and diced chicken breast meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 banana pepper, diced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (heaping) TBSP all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Cooking spray
- Flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese (Monterey Jack, cheddar or a combination of the two works well here)
- Avocados, diced
- Fat free sour cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, red bell pepper and banana peppers. Season with the crushed red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Saute until veggies have softened, 6-8 minutes.
Add the garlic and saute for another minute or two. Sprinkle the flour over the veggies and stir to combine. Cook while stirring for several minutes so that the flour loses its raw taste. Whisk in the chicken broth and stir until bubbly and smooth. Add the baby spinach and continue cooking for another minute or two or until spinach has wilted.
Stir in the cooked chicken and cannellini beans and remove from heat.
Spray a large skillet or griddle with cooking spray. Heat over medium to medium-high heat. Place one tortilla on griddle and spread cheese over tortilla. Spread chicken, bean and spinach mixture over one half of the tortilla. Check underside of tortilla and when browned a bit, flip the half with just cheese over the half with the chicken. Remove from heat and cut into slices.
Top with diced avocado and sour cream, if desired.
(You will find thing's you do not find here, there) Follow or friend me on Facebook for even more recipe's,etc: https://www.facebook.com/carilynn71 ♥Delish Dish♥ at Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ ♥Delish Dish♥ at Tumblr http://delishdishs.tumblr.com/
You'll also love
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken with... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Pesto Chicken Flatbread 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Mexican Buffalo Chicken Dip 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Shrimp and Chicken Fajitas 4.2/5 (49 Votes)
- Best Skinny Eggplant Rollatini... 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Jowl Bacon Spinach Salad 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Shredded Chicken and Mayocoba Bean... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken & Bean Dip 4.6/5 (10 Votes)