Easy Chicken and Dumpling Casserole
All the wonderful taste of homemade chicken and dumplings, without all the fuss!
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded (I used a whole Traditional flavor rotisserie)
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour*
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- NOTE: All-purpose flour may be substituted for the self-rising by adding 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt to 1 cup all-purpose.
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Melt the butter and pour into a 13x9 baking pan. Spread the chicken on top of the butter. DO NOT STIR.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and the flour until smooth then pour gently over the chicken. DO NOT STIR.
Using the same bowl, whisk together the chicken broth and the soup. Slowly pour that over the top of all. DO NOT STIR.
Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until light golden brown.
Let casserole rest about 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Bacon Chocolate Scones 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Baked Split Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Snacks 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Gochujang Chicken Wings 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- CAKE - Marvelous Mocha Pound Cake 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Corned Beef & Macaroni Casserole 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Broccoli Chicken Bake 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas 4.3/5 (36 Votes)