Bacon Chocolate Scones
If you've never tried a Bacon Chocolate Scone, now is your chance. You're sure to love them as much as my friends and family do. It’s the sweet and salty combination in these scones that we all love so much!
- 2 cups flour (260g)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (36g)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (10g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (2g)
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cut into cubes (113g)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, cold (4 fluid ounces)
- 1 egg
- 4 strips bacon
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (100g)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
- 1 cup powdered sugar (125g)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from completelydelicious.com
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Cook the bacon in a frying pan over medium heat. Let cool on paper towels to absorb the grease, then cut into small pieces.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or your fingers until butter is the size of small peas. Add the buttermilk and stir until the mixture just starts to come together. Add the bacon pieces and chocolate chips and use yours hands to incorporate them into the dough and bring it together into a ball.
On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough into a rough square shape about 1 inch thick. Cut the dough into 4 large scones, or 8 smaller scones. Place the scones about 2 inches apart on the prepared sheet pan and brush tops with egg wash.
Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, maple syrup, and milk and stir until smooth. Add additional milk if needed to achieve the right consistency. Drizzle onto the cooled scones and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Scones will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
You'll also love
- Italian Sausage Baked Ziti 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Asparagus Foil Packet for the Grill 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Turkey Breast Stuffed with Italian... 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Taiwanese Style Fried Pork... 4/5 (26 Votes)
- Pineapple-Mint Mojito 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Baked Split Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Vegan Baked Carrot Bacon 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Maple Bacon Cheesecake-Dairy Free 4.5/5 (14 Votes)