Coconut Chicken and Rice Casserole
Chow down on this delicious twist on a classic dinner. This Coconut Chicken and Rice Casserole is full of Asian flavors to your home that your family will love.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups minced onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- One 14-ounce can lite coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste, or to taste
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice, or to taste
- 1/3 cup minced cilantro for garnish, if desired
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from cooking.com
Heat oil over medium-high heat until hot in a heavy round casserole. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring, 5 minutes. Add garlic and rice; cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add broth, coconut milk and curry paste.
Bring to simmer, stirring. Add chicken. Simmer, covered, 12 minutes. Scatter beans over rice.
Simmer, covered, 6 minutes more, or until beans are just tender.
Add lime juice; gently stir to combine. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
You'll also love
- Banana Muffins with Cream Cheese... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Chicken Alfredo Gnocchi Bake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Baked Crispy Chicken 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Louisiana Chicken Pasta 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Canned Chicken Noodle Casserole 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken & Wild Rice Soup 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Chamorro Chicken Curry 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chicken and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)