Fresh Tomato Sauce w/ Sautéed Zucchini & Spaghetti
- For the Zucchini:
- 4 zucchini – peeled and sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 – tbs. canola oil
- For the Fresh Tomato Sauce:
- 10 – 12 fresh beefsteak tomatoes quartered
- 5 cloves garlic – chopped
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 1 tbs. salt
- 1 tbs. dried oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh basil ripped
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Romano cheese for grating
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. of your favorite spaghetti
- Asiago cheese shavings for garnish
- Olive oil for drizzling over the finished dish
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.com
For the Zucchini:
Place the sliced zucchini in a bowl; add the seasonings, lemon juice and canola.
Heat a large frying pan and place the sliced zucchini in the pan; do not over crowd the pan. When the zucchini become golden on one side, turn over and finish cooking on the other side.
Set the zucchini aside for the spaghetti dish.
For the Fresh Tomato Sauce:
Heat a heavy cast iron sauce pot on a medium to low heat; add the tomatoes and cook down, uncovered.
Add the olive oil, garlic, basil and seasonings and continue to cook down on a low heat; uncovered. The longer you cook the sauce the better it gets.
Prepare the spaghetti according to directions and drain.
Place the spaghetti in a serving bowl. Top with a drizzle of olive oil, a dash of red pepper flakes; add the fresh tomato sauce and toss. Add fresh grated cheese, Asiago cheese and fresh basil to finish the dish.
Serve this dish with a glass of Baglio Di Pianetto wine.
You'll also love
- Garlic Rosemary Zoodles 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Figgy Toffee Pudding 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Grilled Onion and Sage Flatbread 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Fresh Corn & Sun Dried Tomato... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate Pumpkin Tiramisu 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Yellow Squash Muffins 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Cauliflower Feta Meatballs and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
Review this recipe