Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce
All the taste of traditional spaghetti and meat sauce, but without all the carbs. You'll have a hard time telling the difference, it's that good!! If you have a favorite spaghetti sauce recipe, by all means use it for this.
- What you'll need:
- Spaghetti Squash
- Meat Sauce (recipe below, ingredient amounts approx.)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (think green can)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garnishes: crushed red peppers and chopped parsley
- Meat Sauce:
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (93/7)
- 3 tablespoons Hunt's tomato paste
- 1 (24 oz) can Hunt's 'Traditional' Pasta Sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a saucepan or Dutch oven, brown ground beef while breaking it up in small pieces; season with a little salt and pepper. When meat is done, add the tomato paste, stirring well to combine.
Add the remaining ingredients (amounts to taste) and simmer over low heat for at least 30 minutes (or more) for flavors to blend and sauce to thicken.
Cut squash in half, remove seedy center, then microwave each half in a covered dish for 8-9 minutes or until tender.
Shred the squash into "spaghetti" strands with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and some meat sauce, lifting strands to incorporate.
To finish, top with more meat sauce, more parmesan, and shredded mozzarella.
Microwave about 2 minutes to melt the cheese. Garnish with crushed red peppers and parsley if desired and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Chicken Quarters with Sweet Tomato... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Quails with Brandy Hosin Glaze &... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Rustic Spaghetti Squash Medley 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Margarita Spaghetti Squash 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Meat Sauce - Instant... 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Awesome Spaghetti and Meat Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)