Chocolate Pumpkin Tiramisu
Rachael Ray Magazine
- 1 bar (3.5 oz) dark chocolate (50-60% cacao)
- 3/4 cup hot coffee
- 5 tbsp. bourbon
- 1 1/2 cups mascarpone
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 package (7 oz.) Italian ladyfingers (about 24 cookies)
Preparation time 30mins
1. On a cutting board, coarsely chop half the chocolate. Transfer to a large bowl, add the coffee and whisk until the chocolate melts. Whisk in 2 tbsp. bourbon.
2. In another large bowl, combine the mascarpone, confectioners' sugar, heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon and the remaining 3 tbsp. bourbon. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree; mix on medium-low until blended and creamy.
3. Working with about one-third of the ladyfingers, dip and roll the cookies, one at a time, in the chocolate mixture until soaked but not soggy, 3 to 4 seconds. Arrange in single layers in the bottoms of six 8 oz. glasses, breaking the cookies if needed. Divide one-third of the pumpkin mixture among the glasses, spooning it on top of the cookies and spreading evenly. Grate about one-third of the remaining chocolate evenly over the pumpkin mixture.
4. Repeat the layers twice more with the remaining cookies, pumpkin mixture and chocolate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days. Serve cold.