Fresh Corn & Sun Dried Tomato Angel Hair Pasta
The sauce comes together very easily so serve this as quick as you can. The corn is best when hot and barely cooked.
- 3 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb angel hair or other thin pasta
- salt as needed
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 3 ears of fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- fresh cracked pepper (asneeded)
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cut the tomatoes into fine julienne and place them, along with the sugar in a small bowl. Pour in just enough hot water to cover. Set aside to hydrate until soft, about 30 minutes. Drain well, squeezing out excess liquid. You may skip this step if you choose oil packed or pre-marinated sun-dried tomatoes.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add good amount of salt. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Retain some of the pasta water for the sauce.
Make the sauce: Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the garlic and shallots; saute briefly until lightly colored. Add the oregano, corn, balsamic and about 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Cook, uncovered, until the corn is just tender, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the tomatoes, half of the Parmesan, and 1 tablespoon of the parsley and toss well. Toss with more of the reserved cooking water, if necessary, to moisten.
Pour the pasta into a warmed serving bowl, dust with a little more Parmesan, and scatter the remaining parsley on top, and give it a good grind of pepper. Pass the remaining Parmesan at the table. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Sandwich Bread 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Fish Taco Salad with Garlic Lime... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Shrimp & Shiitake Stir-Fry with... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Creamy Egg Ravioli 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Mediterranean Couscous (Vegan) 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Southern Style Creamed Corn 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Corn Meal Crusted Red Snapper 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Asparagus and Tomato Salad with... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)