Grilled Onion and Sage Flatbread
- 1 large red or yellow onion, trimmed, peeled and sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds (6 slices)
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, more as needed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. pizza dough, at room temperature
- 12 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
Adapted from finecooking.com
Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 450°F.
Prepare a medium (350°F to 375°F) gas or charcoal grill fire. Brush the onion slices with oil and season with salt and pepper.