Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Guacamole
Grilled Cheese with Bacon and Guacamole has the salty crispy crunch and creamy goodness you need in a cheese sandwich!
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice; more to taste
- Kosher salt
- 3 ounces sharp Cheddar, sliced into thin shards or coarsely grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 ounces aged gouda, sliced into thin shards or coarsely grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 ounces provolone, thinly sliced or coarsely grated (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 4 to 6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
Adapted from finecooking.com
Halve and pit the avocado. Scoop the flesh into a medium bowl and mash. Stir in the onion, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and 1/4 tsp. kosher salt.
Divide the cheeses between two slices of bread. Top with the other slices of bread to make two sandwiches.
Melt half of the butter in a 12-inch heavy-duty skillet over medium-low heat. Add the sandwiches and cook until golden brown on one side, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip, add the remaining butter, and cook, lifting the edges of the bread to allow the butter to run under and adjusting the heat as necessary, until the cheese has melted and the other side is golden brown, another 3 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to a cutting board and open the sandwiches. Spread about 1/4 cup guacamole on half of each sandwich and top with the bacon. Reassemble, slice in half, and serve.
You'll also love
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie - Paula Deen 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Zucchini Salad with Isabel Tuna 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Apple Breakfast Wedges 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Cheesecake with Fresh Peach Topping 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Korean Chicken Wrap 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Smoked Tomato Consommé With... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)