Beer Battered Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Melty cheese, smoky bacon and beer-battered bread make this grilled cheese the ultimate comfort food.
- 6 slices hickory-smoked bacon
- 4 slices rustic white bread
- 2 slices provolone cheese (3/4-ounce each)
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese (3/4-ounce each)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup pale ale beer
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel.
On 2 of the bread slices, place 1 slice provolone cheese, 3 slices bacon and 1 slice cheddar cheese on each. Top with remaining bread slices.
Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or to 375°F.
In shallow bowl, beat egg, beer, flour and chili powder with fork until smooth. Dip each sandwich into batter, giving it a few seconds on each side to absorb the batter; drain excess batter back into bowl.
Melt butter on hot griddle. Place sandwiches on griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Tuscan Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (438 Votes)
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese 4.5/5 (328 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pita 4.5/5 (296 Votes)
- King's Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Rolls 4.6/5 (126 Votes)