Loaded Smashed Potatoes
The perfect game day or any day treat! Easy, delicious and who doesn't like potatoes with bacon and cheese. Yum!
Recipe by Baker Peabody
- 1 pound mini golden potatoes (or red) you get about 20 per bag
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from tablespoon.com
Boil potatoes whole for about 15 minutes or until fork tender.
Drain potatoes and place onto a greased (with olive oil) baking sheet.
Smash the potatoes down using either a potato masher or just the bottom of a cup.
Brush generously with olive oil.
Sprinkle generously with sea salt.
Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes until good and crispy.
Top each one with about a tablespoon of cheese.
Place the pan under the broiler until the cheese starts to bubble.
Top with sour cream, bacon, and green onions (or chives).
Serve warm and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Chicken Thai Ramen... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Apple Breakfast Wedges 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Cheesecake with Fresh Peach Topping 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Artichokes en Barigoule 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Steak with Eggplant... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Low Carb Brownie Cream Cheese... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Quick Thai-Style Beef & Peppers... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Casserole 4.5/5 (24 Votes)