Apple Breakfast Wedges
Slice into a warm apple breakfast or brunch treat. All you need is 15 minutes of prep, and it’s in the oven.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium cooking apples, peeled, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 2 eggs
- Maple-flavored syrup, if desired
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Heat oven to 400°F. Generously grease 9-inch glass pie plate with shortening or cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Add apples; toss to coat. Set aside.
In 2-quart saucepan, heat water and butter to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Add Bisquick mix; stir vigorously until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Beat in eggs, one at a time; continue beating until smooth.
Spread batter in bottom of pie plate. Arrange apples on top to within 1 inch of edge of pie plate.
Bake about 23 minutes or until puffed and edges are golden brown. Serve immediately. Drizzle with syrup.
Use slightly tart apples with a crisp texture, such as Haralson apples. If you like a sweeter apple, choose Fuji, Prairie Spy or Gala.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and serve with warm maple syrup.
You'll also love
- Cheesecake with Fresh Peach Topping 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Coconut Chai Lemonade 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Apple Cranberry and Almond Slaw 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
Review this recipe