Paleo & Nut Free Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Paleo and gluten free pumpkin muffins are quick and easy to make. If you'd like, add some chocolate chips, raisins or walnuts -- or just enjoy them plain. The spice blend is perfect.
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, canned or homemade
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice
- Chocolate chips, raisins, or walnuts, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a standard muffin tin with 12 parchment or silicone baking cups. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and stir well with a whisk to break up any clumps.
Divide the batter into the 12 baking cups, then bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, until the edges are golden and the centers are firm. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store the muffins in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
I started with a recipe from Detoxinista and made my own adjustments. I made these and they were good, but I think they needed a little salt, so I will trying adding salt next time. I added a few chocolate chips to half of the muffins and that was a nice little treat, but the chocolate seemed to compete with the spices. As much I we like chocolate, I think the plain ones tasted better. My husband thought some nuts might taste good, so I might add some walnuts next time. I really like the fact that these muffins are gluten free. It is a great way for me to use up some of my frozen puréed pumpkin and coconut flour!
You'll also love
- Cherry-Pineapple Pie 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Christmas Angel Cake 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- BACON WRAPPED SWEET POTATO BITES... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Chocolate Pavlova 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- cabbage soup vitamix 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Chicken w/Romesco... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cupcakes 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Corned Beef and Vegetables -... 4.4/5 (29 Votes)