General Tso's Chick Peas, Vegan, & Gluten-Free
General Tso's Chickpeas are flavorful, delicious, and filled with all the Asian-inspired flavors that you love, but lighter because it is vegan, gluten-free, and better for you. Serve over a bed of brown rice for an even healthier dinner any night of the week. This meal is perfect for your meal-planning routine because you can have it with rice one day and over steamed vegetables another.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas cooked, or 1 (15-ounce) can, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s liquid aminos or coconut aminos (soy-free)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated
- 2 spring onions, sliced (white parts, save green for garnish)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut palm sugar, or sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons Bragg’s liquid aminos, or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from healthiersteps.com
In a medium bowl, add chickpeas, liquid aminos, lemon juice and tapioca starch. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat, add garlic, ginger and spring onions. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes stirring constantly until fragrant. Add chickpeas and stir to coat.
Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Add to chickpeas and cook stirring gently until sauce thickens. Serve over steamed brown rice and garnish with spring onions.
You'll also love
- Easter Bunny Cake 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Streusel Cheesecake Bars 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Warm Artichoke Olive Dip 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Mediterranean Egg Casserole for Two 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- 4 ingredient Cheese Ball 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Tender Slow-Cooker Mushroom Lamb... 4.2/5 (41 Votes)
- The Best Chicken Fajitas by Iowa... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Vegetarian Wild Mushroom &... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)