- THE FILLING:
- 2 pie crusts
- 10-oz bag frozen cherries
- 16-oz bag frozen pineapple chunks
- 3-4 cups water
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- THE TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from oruntilgoldenbrown.com
In a medium saucepan, combine the cherries, pineapple, and enough water to just cover the fruit.
Add the corn starch, cinnamon stick, and maple syrup.
Stir together, bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until the fruit is somewhat tender and the filling is nice and thickened.
Remove from the heat and set aside.
Place one pie crust i n 9 inch pie plate.
Pour the filling into the crust.
Cut second pie crust into strips and lattice shape over the top of the filling.
Then, in a ramekin, combine the vanilla, sugar, and cardamom.
Stir vigorously to combine, then sprinkle over the lattice top.
This sweet topping helps to give a little more crunch.
You'll also love
- BACON WRAPPED SWEET POTATO BITES... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Tropical Shrimp Salad 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Mom's Blueberry Muffins 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Easy Homemade Concord Grape Jelly 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Smoked Cherry Barbecue Sauce 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Apple-Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Drunken Cherry-Chocolate Pie 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- No-Bake Pineapple Lemon Cheesecake 4.6/5 (32 Votes)